ICAHD-USA is committed to advancing a just peace between Israelis and Palestinians based on coexistence and respect for the human rights of both peoples. We believe that the needs for self-determination of both Israelis and Palestinians must be addressed and that a political solution must provide all peoples of the region with security, dignity, freedom and economic opportunity. We affirm that a lasting peace is only possible by ending Israel’s Occupation and control of the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem. We oppose all forms of violence.
What We Do
Through education and advocacy, we provide the U.S. public with current information and analysis of what’s happening “on the ground” in Israel/Palestine. We connect the dots to show how the Israeli government’s ongoing policies of Palestinian home demolitions, relentless development of large settlements, and building of the “Separation Barrier” deep into the West Bank are a persistent barrier to the just and lasting peace we seek. We disclose how the uncritical political support of the U.S., underwritten and financed with U.S. taxpayer money, sustains the Israeli Occupation’s devastating impact on Palestinians, its violations of basic human rights, and how these pose a grave threat to the short and long-term security of Israelis.
ICAHD-USA’s Constructing Peace Campaign
- Launched in June 2007, we plan to rebuild every demolished Palestinian home for an entire year. ICAHD-USA is working with the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD)-Israel and ICAHD-UK to implement our Campaign. ICAHD-Israel is the only organization based in Israel/Palestine with a long track record of rebuilding demolished Palestinian homes. We are also organizing local communities across the U.S. to support this campaign, helping out with efforts to “build a house” and/or publish ads to educate people about the Occupation and the issue of house demolitions. For more information, go to Constructing Peace Campaign.
- We help recruit people from the U.S. to participate in ICAHD’s annual two week Summer Constructing Peace Camp, where international volunteers join Israelis and Palestinians to literally rebuild, from the ground up, a Palestinian home as a symbolic gesture of peace and opposition to the Occupation.
ICAHD-USA’s Educational Activities include
- Presenting plenaries and conducting workshops at conferences
- Organizing speaker tours
- Disseminating information and mobilizing public opinion
- Making presentations at synagogues, churches, mosques, universities, and festivals
- Organizing public events and forums
- Publishing op-ed pieces and letters to the editor
- Co-sponsoring events with other Middle East peace groups
- Networking with peace and human rights organizations to provide current, relevant educational information
Who We Are
Incorporated as an independent non-profit in 2004, ICAHD-USA was founded by a diverse group of U.S. activists working to bring about a just and sustainable peace in Israel/Palestine while advocating for an end to the Israeli Occupation of Palestine. We draw from and supplement the educational work of ICAHD (Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions). ICAHD is an independent non-violent, activist organization originally established to oppose the Israeli demolition of Palestinian houses in the Occupied Territories. We also work cooperatively with ICAHD-UK and other peace and human rights groups working for a just peace in the Middle East.